Welcome to TeachersinTransition.com. If you are a teacher, a teacher’s assistant, or even an administrator with a history as a teacher, you may be a teacher in transition and not even be aware of it. Let me tell you what the term “teacher in transition” means to me.
A teacher in transition falls into one of three categories:
- a teacher leader who is looking to improve and enhance the leadership skills they already have but feel they need to hone and polish so that they can have a greater impact on their profession;
- a teacher in distress who is experiencing symptoms of job burnout…feeling that perhaps they made the wrong choice of career and are struggling with the question of whether to stay or to go;
- and the teacher who is truly in transition…about to retire but looking to re-tool and reinvent themselves for life after a lifetime of teaching.
If you fit one of those descriptions, you are in the right place.
I specialize in coaching teachers and administrators who fall into one of those categories. I was a teacher and librarian before becoming president of my own state’s teacher union, so I know, understand, and appreciate educators and their issues. I know the dedication they feel toward their profession and the children they teach; and I know the hurt and frustration they feel when they hear the teacher bashing that is so in vogue these days.
We should talk if you are experiencing any of the following:
- Are you feeling under paid, under appreciated, and dissatisfied but don’t know where to turn?
- Do you wish you could explore other options but feel that you are “just a teacher” and you can’t do anything else?
- Do you not know how to even begin to look at what your various options might be?
I certainly can’t tell you what you should do regarding your own professional future, but I can help you sort out your feelings, and I can help you discover on your own what your true calling is and whether or not you should explore your options or decide to make a greater impact right where you are.
You do not need to tackle these questions alone.
Sometimes we need the objective view of someone who isn’t in the middle of the confusion. Someone who can listen, understand, and ask questions that can help you figure out on your own what you really need to do. I can be that someone because I have been in your shoes.
Call me today at 804-404-5475 to set up a complimentary session so you can determine if you could benefit from my coaching services.
In the meantime, please accept as my gift, a FREE e-report on stress management. Learn 7 things that you could start doing TODAY that would make you more resilient in the face of life’s challenges and inevitable changes. Click on the graphic below and fill out the form to order your report.
Click on the graphic, fill out the form and receive your free e-report on
7 Steps to Better Managing Stress…Things You Can Start Doing Today!
Or contact me for complimentary consultation by filling out the form below. You don’t have to suffer any longer. There is help at hand from someone who understands your feelings.